Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 8-Jackson's Health and Wellness

Day 8-Jackson's health and wellness.

Well today we are praying for Jackson's health and wellness. As I mentioned in the last post Jackson has not had the easiest past with this. When he was born he had horrible colic, reflux and constipation. He had his tonsils and adenoids out along with tubes in his ears when he was 2. He has had anxiety problems as of late and it just has not been an easy road for my little man. So we are praying for his anxiety to lesson and for him to live a full and healthy life as he gets older.

I took Jackson on a date today to go see Percy Jackson. We have been reading the first book and thought it would be fun. I really believe that it is so important to date your kids. We haven't been doing it as much as we would like this summer with everyone out of school, but really spending that one on one time with your kids, knowing who they are individually and being able to have those conversations  about what they are thinking and struggling with, without a siblings interfering is priceless. Just on the way to the movies in the car we were able to talk about David and Saul and about alcohol and his thoughts on it and he was able to ask my my stance on it. There was no pressure and it wasn't one of those forced conversations, it was just what he wanted to talked about and it was awesome. But that conversation would only have happened with us alone. Being able to really have that time is the only way I can see to appreciate who God made my children to be and to be able to "raise them up in the way they should go."


I have to admit, these headaches are killing me. Today I was fine in church and then grocery shopping it started to kick in, took a nap and it seemed to go away for a little bit but by the time the movie was over it was back full force. It seems like a combination headache/migraine, and I was so sure that they would be gone by now that it is truly testing my will power in this. Diet Cokes always helped my headaches and I am so tired of being in pain. So we are praying for them to go away. I have been taking medicine during this fast since I do get migraines, along with some other medications that I cannot stop taking. I feel it is important to follow God's conviction on this. Chris has not taken any medication as that was his conviction  during this process. So if any of you decide to do this, just pray about what God wants you to do, and of course follow medical advice.

Onto the food for today.......
breakfast smoothie with spinach, frozen banana, natural peanut butter and almond milk. Delish!

Lunch was an Amy's bean and rice burrito with fresh pico de gallo, also good but next time I will have some avocado with it. 

For dinner we had Wild Rice Tahini Cakes which were amazing!!!!!!!!! so good. We will have this again even after the fast, Chris did a great job with these.

So that is today, if you could pray for my headaches to go away, at least with medicine that would be greatly appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment