Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 18- Tate's Health and Wellness

Day 18- Tate's Health and Wellness

So today is about Tate's health and wellness. Our little man did not start off in the world in the best way possible. I had pre-eclampsia when I was pregnant with him, and it got pretty sever by the 35th week. I was hospitalized and my blood pressure was not going down so they induced me at 36 weeks, which is only one week premature. They didn't think that it would be a big deal but when he was born I got to hold him for one minute and then he was having trouble breathing. We found out that his lungs weren't fully developed, they partially collapsed, and he was put on a ventilator. I unfortunately had to be put on magnesium since my kidney's had started to shut down and I was on strict bed rest for 24 hours. Ugh, that was the worst 24 hours ever. Luckily, our little man is a fighter and was out of the NICU in a week.




Luckily he has been blessed to have pretty good health since then. He did get RSV when he was 6 months but was able to recover quickly at home. So our prayer today is just that he continues to have good health, is active and takes good care of his body. I am just so thankful that he is even here because 50 years ago he wouldn't be, and now look at him:

So as for the fast.....we are ready to be done. We haven't really made meals in the last couple days, just going off of what we have around. Not really the way that I would have it, but Chris has been sick, so it is what it is. I'm not cooking, that's for sure. I actually do like to cook normally but having to find stuff around the kitchen is way too tempting. 3 more days....

No comments:

Post a Comment