Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 4- Health and Wellness

Day4-Health and Wellness

I know a lot of you were wondering if I was going to make it through today after yesterdays post, well let me tell you this......I feel better!!!!!! (please note the Willow reference). I did have an underlying headache most of the day but did not have any of the dizzy nauseous feeling that I had the previous two days.

I feel like the Diet Coke, candy, donuts, french fries, gyros, nachos etc that I have been stuffing in my mouth the last couple months is finally some what moving its way out of my system. The cravings weren't even that bad today and there was lots of temptation. They had carrot cake, danishes, and a blueberry streusel thing at Bible study today, and then my boss bought everyone bagel sandwiches with chips at work for lunch. Now, I am poor, and am not used to giving up free food but I didn't really even think about it today.

I woke up with more energy, I slept well last night, and my skin is getting clearer. All great things as it leads me to the prayer focus today - which is Chris' and I health and wellness. Now before you get upset and think that we don't care about our children or their health, we are devoting 5 days each to them and will have a specific day for their health so I will get to them later. 

One of the main reason's we are doing this fast is for health reasons.  In Romans 7:15 Paul says :"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." That is how I have felt with food for so long. Especially with Diet Coke. I have been addicted to it since I was 12 or 13 and I don't think I have gone more than 2 days without it since then. Well, until now. I do not want to be a slave to my desires but to be free to make healthy choices for myself and to be a good example for my kids. 

In 1 Corinthians 10:23 it says: "I have the right to do anything," you say—but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"—but not everything is constructive." This is what I have to keep in mind, yes I am a grown up and I can have candy at 10 o'clock at night but is it beneficial for me? probably not, and after going on this fast I have shown myself that I do not need that stuff, and that it no longer has control over me or my decisions. 

Ok so my menu has been limited because I don't want to make anything new. For breakfast I had oatmeal and raisons again and lunch the flat bread with hummus and veggies.

For dinner we had Wild Rice and Almond Casserole. Now it took forever to cook, like almost 2 hours, which was painful as I was already hungry and had to make the kids dinner. I got by with a banana but when it was finally done, the rice wasn't totally cooked yet. But I could tell that had the rice been properly cooked it would have been great. We will probably try this again but cook the rice separately and then bake for a smaller amount of time. 
So that is my day. I will try and come up with some better breakfast and lunch choices for ya'll but it is what it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment