Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 6- John

Hello all! Well its day six, which means that tomorrow is day 7, which means that I am almost a third of a way through this! YAY! I'm still having headaches, and there was another storm today so my head was not in a good place. However, I had no body aches, no dizziness, no nausea, and I was able to make it through work all day! So it is on its way to being better! I have noticed that the head games are starting more now. But I know that God will see me through and just going back to why I am doing this helps me continually give those thoughts to God.
So onto focusing on why we are doing this. Today our prayer focused on our Compassion International Child, John. Here is a picture because he is really cute :)
Sorry, its a picture of a picture. John lives in Kenya and has been our compassion child for about 3.5 years now. Compassion International is a Christian organization where, for $38 a month, you can sponsor a child, and they are able to get the educational, medical, spiritual, and social support that they need in order to become functioning, healthy adults. They use almost 100% of the funds given for the child (instead of for administrative costs, etc.). You can find out more here. Our church has gone to Kenya to see how the money is at work and met the children that our church sponsors and they are doing what they say they are. We are able to write John and he writes back, building that relationship and letting him know that he is loved. So he is who we prayed for today, that he would stay safe and know how much he is loved.

Onto the food....so for breakfast I had the peanut butter and banana oatmeal again. I need some different ideas for breakfast that I am able to make at work as I get there at 7am and my kids are still asleep when I leave. So smoothies are out. Let me know as I haven't really been able to find much.
so I am really tired of making my lunch. It is one of the things that got me into trouble before with bad eating habits. However, today I found these Amy's vegan Indian burritos which only has things I can have in it. Check out the label, whole wheat and vegetables and some spices. Gotta love it! 
And here it is in all its glory.
We went to a friend's house for dinner tonight and she is just so amazing that she made us dinner that was Daniels Fast acceptable! It was so good. Potatoes, grilled zucchini and then this avocado, tomato, and cucumber salad which was so good. 
So there it is. I will continue to fight the good fight. But seriously, with the God I serve, the friends I have, and the amazing husband I have been blessed with it isn't nearly as hard as it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment