So I just wanted to share something that I read today that was like an answered prayer. Its from Daniel 10:12 and it says " "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them."
This was exactly what I needed to read today. As I mentioned in my last post I have felt pretty discouraged and felt like this whole thing was all for nothing. However, the above was God's response to Daniel's 21 day fast that we are currently doing. He did not get any response before this and it was a great encouragement to know that I am following God.
Ok, today we are praying for wisdom in raising Jackson. There is a verse in the Bible from Proverbs 22:6 which states "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Unfortunately this has been misinterpreted by so many christians who raise their child up in a christian church but then their children turn away from God. They then believe that God has not fulfilled his promises. This could not be further from the truth. This statement is referring to the way that God has made our kids. The Hebrew in this case is referring to arrows. Every wooden arrow has a certain bend to them and if you can figure out that bend that you are able to shoot it straight. The same is true for our kids.
We need to raise our kids up to be the people that God intended them to be. Not what we want them to be. Yes, they should follow God's word. But God made each of us different with our own talents and if we raise up our kids to grow stronger in the assurance of the gifts that God has given them, they will take that with them the rest of their life. That is what the scripture is referring to and that is what we are praying for today. We are asking to really see who God has made Jackson to be and encourage him in that, without allowing our judgements about what he should be get in the way.
As for the fast, I am still getting headaches but they are not nearly as bad as they have been so that was really nice. Also my blood pressure has dropped significantly to the point where I am going to lower my dosage of blood pressure medicine. That is great news and we are on our way. I truly have neglected the stewardship of my health and am so glad that I went on this fast purely for that reason. This has really helped me to wake up and see that I can eat healthy and have self control.
Onto the food. Most of the day was the same old same old. However, we went out to dinner tonight to a place called Rawtopia. It had all organic homemade vegan food. Even the spices were homemade, and we got to meet Omar who is the owner and chef there. I don't know if I would eat there again but it was definitely an experience. Here is the menu:
![]() |
| please notice how everything is made with love :) |
![]() |
| Chris got the Lebanese wrap |




No comments:
Post a Comment