Well its the last Lily day, which means only five more days! We prayed for wisdom in raising her to be the little lady who God intended her to be, help her get stronger in her strengths and minimize the undesirable behavior. For example, Lily is stubborn; that in itself is not a bad thing, but our job is to help her use that for her benefit and to help others, not to just get in fights with others because she doesn't want to admit she is wrong. To learn from things that she can improve on and at the same time, stand up for what is right and not back down. This is true for her "time management." I am one of those people who like to be on time, I am a planner, and like to keep on schedule. Lily, not so much. She is more of a stop and smell the flowers type of girl. I love that about her, that she appreciates what is going on around her, can live in the moment, and not worry about what other people are thinking. However, it is also my job to teach her some responsibility and how to use this to help her and those around her. So we work with it, I know that Jackson can literally eat breakfast, brush his teeth and get dressed in 15 minutes.....Lily is more like 45 minutes, so she gets woken up earlier, allowing her to enjoy her morning but also be on time for school. So this is our prayer that we can appreciate who she is and the gifts that God has given her, but also help her grow up into a responsible adult.
Ok so things with my body on the fast seemed to have evened out.....not craving anything (even Diet Coke!), but am definitely looking forward to a real meal. For dinner we had Easy Breezy Mashed Cauliflower and the Tahini Cakes that we had the first week. It was pretty good, cauliflower could have used a little less garlic but otherwise, Chris really has rocked the cooking. I on the other hand have just given up.
So that is Day 16, and since it is the last day of Lily, I am going to add a couple other pictures that I love because its my blog and I can do what I want.


No comments:
Post a Comment