Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 2-Jobs, School, and Finances

Day 2-Jobs, School and Finances

ok day 2........Today was much harder detox wise. I had a headache all day and then by the end of work I had a migraine on top of my other headache. Luckily I have an awesome husband who let me take a nap and I felt much better after that. I did sleep much better last night than I have for a long time which was great!
I have been trying to remind myself every time I have a craving or headache that this is the willing sacrifice that I am giving to God for my family and that makes it better. Today I am focusing on Jobs, School and Finances. So lets get an over view of where I am on these things and why I desperately need God's intervention.
So my husband is in school-32 year old with 3 kids living in student housing and rocking his accounting degree. I am so proud of him and all that he has accomplished and continues to accomplish. He has gotten great grades and he stays home with the kids while I work. It is definitely not been the easiest route and we are banking a lot on him getting a good job after he gets his Masters. So that was the first prayer. Also that I can be a stay at home mom as soon as possible. I am thankful that God has provided me with a job that has the hours so I can be home with my kids more and has flexibility. But where my heart is is with my kids. So we also focused prayer on me staying at home.
I have been reminded a lot when thinking about staying at home of the parable in Luke 18, which takes about the unjust King and the poor widow who continually comes to him to avenge her. Even though the king is unjust he finally gives in to the widow's request because he gets sick of her constantly bothering him. How much more does Jesus love us and how much more willing is he to meet our requests if we continually come to Him? So that is what I have decided to do, constantly ask God to have me stay at home.
Enough of me and my wants....onto the menu.
So for breakfast I had oatmeal and raisins. It was much better than the oatmeal yesterday. Sorry it is half eaten, I forgot to take a picture until I was almost done. 


For lunch it was the flat bread with hummus with lettuce, cucumber and red pepper. I don't know if my taste buds are getting more alive or I was just really hungry but this was amazing!  
This was brown rice with asparagus and butternut squash. I'm not going to lie - this was horrible......I ended up having more flat bread with hummus because I couldn't eat it. 

And finally for dessert we had cantaloupe and strawberry popsicles which were amazing! Just blend the cantaloupe and strawberry, put in a dixie cup with a stick, freeze, and you are good to go!

ok Prayer that tomorrows headaches are not so bad would be appreciated. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment