Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 3- Extended Family

Day 3- Extended Family

Oh Day 3 how I hate you. I'm not going to color coat it today was awful. Around 8:30 I was dizzy, had a horrible headache, and started getting nauseous. Luckily, like I have said before, I have an awesome job where I was able to go home for a couple hours and take a nap, which helped tremendously. But over all this day has been awful. I haven't prayed like I wanted to today, and was white knuckling it the whole way.
But I found it a great learning experience, because I was not relying on God at all today to fill my needs but just getting through it. I have to remember that in the end, His grace is sufficient, sufficient for this moment. I am always looking ahead, like, can I really do this for another 18 days? I don't know, but I do know that for now I can do it for the rest of today. No change has ever come through being comfortable, and that is what I am always striving to be,  comfortable. But I have taken on this fast so that God can change me and my family and I can't just expect that without being uncomfortable. If you do what you have always done you will get what you have always gotten.
So, a little belated, but I give up my really wanting a diet coke (oh how I am sooooooo sick of water), my hating my oatmeal this morning, my anxiety of actually being able to do this, and I give it to God as a sacrifice for my extended family today. They all have their individual needs, and God knows what they need so I give it for them.

ok as for the daily menu......sorry I have gotten into a little bit of a rut with breakfast and lunch, but I have just been sticking with what I know for a little bit. Be excited for dinner though because we finally found something that is AMAZING!!!!!

breakfast was oatmeal with apples and cinnamon. It flat out was awful so I quickly had apples with almond butter instead which was much better. 
lunch, my go to, flat bread with hummus and veggies. Just so you know, Chris made the flat bread with just whole wheat flour some salt and water. Not pretty but good. 
This is  Avocado Alfredo and it is soooooo good! We used whole wheat pasta, and I had two helpings. I think this will actually go into the regular rotation after this is over!

Thanks for all the great responses, it really has been encouraging me to continue with this knowing that someone is reading it. And I apologize to all my Instagram friends for all the pictures of food. Only 18 more days of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment