Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 10- Jackson's purity and future spouse

ok- I know that todays topic is not going to be popular. But this whole fast is about trusting in God and following Him, so here we go. I'm not going to lie to you all. I was ready to give up last night. I had another migraine, and just had not felt like I had seen any good come from this fast and that it was worthless and stupid. Then, I heard a sermon on the radio this morning about faith. Faith is believing that God will keep his promises, maybe not in the time frame I want them in, but he is faithful, I know that so I will continue. After a re-resolved to the fast and remembered that most of the stuff for this fast is for the future anyway, and that I am not going to see results for a while, I am ready to face the prayer of the day......Jackson's purity and for his future spouse.

Coincidentally there was this blog posted by Single Dad Laughing  about how he believes that everyone should live together before they get married to make sure that they are not just getting married to have sex. He is a former Mormon and has been divorced two times in the LDS church and now is moving into a house with his girl friend, who he finally feels like he knows and they are seeing if it will go to the next step without the pressure of waiting until they are married. I can relate. I used to think the exact same thing, in fact Chris and I lived together before we were married, and it obviously worked out well for us. However......that is not the path I wish I would have chosen and I don't agree that it is best for people to have sex before marriage.

In his blog  Single Dad referred a lot to his waiting to have sex because it was what was expected of him in the mormon church, that it would help him get "right with God", and in all honesty that was the way he was going to be able to have sex so that is what he did. If those are the reasons for waiting until marriage than I totally agree that it is not the right choice.

However, as a Christian, we know that no matter what acts you do it is not going to "get you right with God." It is accepting Jesus as your savior that gets you right with God and then the good works come from the gratitude from that free gift. So like this fast, I am not doing it as repentance for something wrong I have done, I have already been forgiven for that. I am doing it out of honor and obedience to God for protection and wisdom for my family. I also know that he has already been faithful to me and given me strength in this fast, because if any of you know me, you know I could not have done this on my own. I fail at every diet I try and self control is not a strong suit of mine.

So that is what I am praying for for Jackson today, that he will have that relationship with God where he wants to honor him with all he has and all his does, and that includes sex before marriage. God did not put that in the Bible to stifle us or to punish us. He asked us to wait for marriage because he loves us so much and he wanted us to be able to fully enjoy that in a marriage relationship, where you wont have to worry about getting STD's, or unwanted pregnancies, or even someone leaving you after you have given that part of yourself to them. He wants whats best for you, and it is not the easiest thing but it is how to fully enjoy the best things that he has planned for you.

Ok, that was a lot. And now you all know where I stand. Unfortunately my food was pretty boring today, oatmeal with blueberries and almond milk, Amy's burrito, and then the avocado spaghetti  that we have had before.  I did find these awesome gems at the store today.....
They are amazing and only have sweet  potatoes, sunflower seed oil, and sea salt. I think I ate half the bag already, but I really needed something that I could just snack on. yay! Thank you all for the support and thank you to Chris for writing the blog yesterday, he really is amazing. 

1 comment:

  1. The headaches have been hitting me this last week too. I get them with the weather as well. As I've been struggling, you have been in my thoughts as well. This month, instead of doing a diet or fasting, I have committed to going to yoga 30 times in 30 days. Because it happens that most of my days I have to go at 6:15am, that is a "diet" of sorts. I am not a morning person. I don't do mornings. But I have been truly enjoying doing yoga as the sun comes up and shines up us in class as it comes over the mountain. I have really enjoyed reading the foods you guys are eating and can't wait to continue reading throughout your month. Keep us all posted if the diet helps your headaches at all. I'll try anything at this point to stay off of the pain pills I'd been on for so long.

    ReplyDelete