Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 12- Lily's walk with God


Day 12-Lily's Walk with God

Day 12 is almost over and done with, that means that we are 57% of the way done. While I am not feeling the "I want to give up" issues that I had earlier, I am starting to just miss good food. Anyway....we are over the had part I think and getting into the routine. I do have to admit, I accidentally ate a potato chip today....confession - it wasn't that good. So God is working on my eating habits that might actually last longer than this fast, which is a huge victory for me.

Ok, onto the prayer for today, my little Lily Winter. Yes, she has a fairy name and I love it! Our boys, are mostly family names but with Lily I just went with what I loved and I just love her name and so does she. She is 5 years old and starts Kindergarten in a little less than two weeks. She loves art, loves to read, is a great sister, loves to be out side, to be fancy (she wears a skirt or dress almost every day), loves the Bible, loves to climb trees, rock climb, ballet and gymnastics. Here is a picture of her when she was a baby.....




These pictures are perfect examples of who Lily is - attitude, rocking whatever she wants to do, all while being fancy. So today we are praying for her walk with God. Lily loves learning about God and the Bible but she tends to be drawn towards more materialistic things, so we prayed today that there would be a good balance of her being in the world, but not of the world. So that is our prayer today. 

So we will go straight to dinner as everything else has lost its awesomeness. Chris made an awesome Curry Butternut Squash Coconut Soup We made it more of a curry and had it over brown rice, it was delish!


I also want to say thank you for all the support I have gotten. It really has meant a lot.  Onto day 13 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment