Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 7 Jackson and His Walk with God

Day 7 Jackson and his Walk with God

So from here on out we will be focusing on our three kids. Five days for each of them focusing on a different part of them each day. So today we are starting with my oldest son Jackson. Here is picture of him when he was little and one now just because I love him and he is adorable.
Isn't he cute? He is two in the picture


And 7 in this picture

Jackson is a great kid who will be eight next month, starting the third grade at a charter school with lots of parent involvement. He is our most challenging child. I think every family has one. He had a hard first year of life with colic, reflux and constipation.  He has always been super smart, started reading at four and skipped Kindergarten. But with that comes with a lot of challenges. He has a lot of anxiety and likes to have control over everything, which just is not possible. He has so many great traits as well - he loves the Bible, he loves God, he can remember everything, he is caring, like to makes friends, is super honest, curious, a great soccer player, likes to be active, and is starting to try more and more good things. So our prayer for him is to always have this love for honesty, integrity, and God and to make lots of good choices.

I have to say it is hard to let your kids experience natural consequences, but I have found the less I step in and yell and tell them what they are doing wrong, and let the natural consequences of their choices effect them, the more they learn to make the good choices next time. So there was also prayer to have the patience and ability to let those happen and not step in was there as well.

Ok now for physically how I am doing. Chris is feeling great, doing really well, all his headaches are gone. Unfortunately I am not feeling as well as I had hoped physically. I am sure it is due to the storms that wont seem to leave, but I continue to have headaches and migraines. I was really hoping that my migraines were due to all the crap I was eating, but it doesn't appear that way...:( However, my skin is clearer, I have lost a couple pounds, and I am not getting that tired and can't function thing anymore. I would say the biggest improvement has been my sleep. I usually have to take some type of sleep aid 3-4 times a week or more. This past week when I have been on the fast I haven't had to take them once. Slept through the night and pass out almost immediately when my head hits the pillow. I also have noticed that anxiety that I used to be feeling has almost gone and when it is there it is completely manageable. So, while there are lots of good things, I just wish these headaches would go away.

Onto the food:
breakfast was fruit. I am really surprised how much more I am liking fruit these days. 
This is an Amy's brand bean and rice burrito. I had to work some today to make up for all the time I took off work this week to deal with my headaches. so there it is. 
This is an Amy's brand Spanish rice and beans soup. I am really amazed at how awesome her ingredients are and it has made it easy to stay on the fast but not have to cook every night. Chris made these amazing Broiled Polenta Square to go with the soup.
So that was our day. One week down! I made up our menu for next week and it will be better I promise. I found some cookies that I am super excited about! Thanks for the support and prayers. feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment