Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 13- Lily's Health and Wellness

Day 13- Lily's health and wellness

Well I have struggled today, learned some important lessons, and will carry on.

To start off I have a confession.....I had about 4 or 5 bites of Noodles & Co Mac and Cheese. Yep there is it. It wasn't even that good, but I was to my breaking point today. In order to help my self out for the rest of this and anyone else that is thinking about doing this here are tips I learned from today:

1. Prayer: Fasts are supposed to be a time for prayer. I went to bed late last night and then was late to work which lead to my whole day being thrown off. I didn't even know what we were focusing on today, and did not pray for it. Focusing on why you are doing this will totally help the sacrifices seem worth it, but when you are just depriving yourself of all the awesome goodness that is out there and not knowing why, it is hard to stay on track and keep on keeping on.

2. Keep your Pantries Stocked: So this is what lead to my downfall today to give you a play by play. I had my usual Amy's burrito at work, while my boss bought every one lunch, again. All I had had before that was an apple and almond butter. So I got home from work after resisting temptation and we had nothing that I could eat. And then we celebrated the last week of summer and got the kids take out. Chris made this brussle sprout pasta dish which was horrible (sorry dude), and then left for yoga. So I was home with the kids watching them eat yummyness, nothing else to eat in the house, horrible food for me to eat, and starving as i only had an apple and a burrito to eat all day. Don't put yourself in this position. In fact, don't ever put yourself in this position. Always have health snacks around and never let yourself get that hungry. I felt like Esau when he sold his birth right to Jakob for a bowl of stew (Genesis 25:29-34). Don't go down that road.

3. Have someone to do it with you: I told Chris about my macaroni fiasco right when he got home, telling him I was going to give up, that this wasn't worth it etc (refer to 1&2). He was able to have the peace of mind to tell me 3 reason's why I should continue on  this fast and then go out and go shopping and get me a fruit and veggie Jamba juice ASAP. He didn't let me give up but he wasn't condemning me for my bad choice either. I always have kind of scoffed at that saying on diets but it really is true, God made us to rely on each other and he often times works through other people to get his message across.

ok those are the three main things, prayer, don't get hungry and have an awesome husband who wont let you quit.

ok onto the prayer for the day....Lily's health. I was so consumed with self pity all day that I didn't get to focus on this, out of all my kids this is the one I need to focus it on. Lily is my sickness/accident prone kid. She broke her arm at 2, and has had numerous UTI's and had to go the ER multiple times for them, she also is always the one to get the stomach flu and other weird diseases like hand foot and mouth disease.  I breastfed her the longest out of any of them, but that is just the way God made her.....here are some cute pictures from what I am talking about..
Broken arm
this is her at the hospital after she got tubes in her ears



smacked her eye on the playground


UTI
UTI


Scraped knee

Thanks to daily antibiotics Lily's hasn't had a UTI in a while, but our prayer is that she would remain healthy and that she would not get too sick this year while she goes to kindergarten. I really do feel so blessed to have her in our family and hope that she can stay healthy. Prayers also that I can remember my own tips and not let myself get to the giving up place again.  Thanks ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment