Well Day 14 is almost done and today was so much easier. I followed my own tips from yesterday and didn't let myself get too hungry. Chris made sure we had enough food in the house, and I made sure to read my Bible and pray. So they actually work. We went to a wedding, and I was even able to avoid the temptation of a chocolate fountain. Take that!!!!
So today we are focusing and praying for Lily's school and friendships. Lily starts her first day of Kindergarten on August 28th. She is going to a different school than Jackson. After some unexpected turn of events, Lily got accepted into a program in the Salt Lake City school district called the Extended Learning Program, which is for kids who are gifted and talented. Now, Lily is one smart cookie, but in all honesty, the main reason we are having her go to this program is because it has all day Kindergarten. With me working full time and Chris in school there was just no possible way to do the half day kindergarten at Jackson's school. So we are heading into this school without knowing anyone, and just knowing the nuts and bolts. It's a little unnerving and that is one of the reason's that we chose to do the fast now - to surround her with fervent prayer as she enters this new phase. I am going to be a blubbering mess on her first day, but she is ready.
![]() |
| Wasn't it just yesterday that she looked like this? |
Food was, in all honesty, not much today. There was a lot of snacking, a lot of fruit, and some Amy's burritos - not much to talk about, but we got through it.
I have had a lot of questions about this fast. I first heard about this fast from one of my friends that used to attend our church. She moved to Florida and did this fast. I asked her about it and she went vegan afterwards, lost a ton of weight and overall had an amazing experience with it from what I gather. Chris and I watched the documentary "Bully" a couple months ago and it really brought up a lot of concerns that we have had, especially with Jackson. In all honesty with my mind-set on things, I would be homeschooling our kids this year if I could, but it is just not in the cards. So we decided to do the next best thing, and cloak our kids and our whole family in prayer and fasting as we enter this new year.
In general, here is a list of reason's why christian's fast. We wanted a better prayer life and overall relationship with God, along with protection over our kids, and to develop self control in all areas. So to answer some questions: no, my church did not make me do it, no, I am not doing it mainly to lose weight, and yes, it sucks at times but, with God's help, I will finish.
Good night and good luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment