Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 20 -Tate's Future Spouse and Purity

So, it's come down to this. 20 days down. I can't help but to think of the words of the great(est?) all-girl soft-rock trio of all time, "Don't you know things can change, Things'll go your way, If you hold on for one more day, YEAH!"(all you Wilson Phillips fans know you're singing along).

We have had a lot of struggles and a lot of victories over these past 20 days. It has been taxing physically, emotionally, and financially. But the rewards have been incredibly noticeable in our communication with each other, with our resolve and commitment, and in our individual and collective walks with God. We have a very busy time coming up in the next couple of months as all the kids and I are back in school, I get to attend many Accounting internship recruitment events, and we become more involved in the inner workings of Jackson's school. It is important that we continue to recognize and implement the lessons we have learned through these three weeks as we move forward together. And, as the guest blogger, I would like to thank all of the people who have read, liked, and commented on (digitally or in person) this blog during this time. Your support, encouragement, and prayers have been noticed and are much appreciated.

Now to talk about our little Mr. T. That kid is crazy. I love him, but he's crazy. I'm not sure if this is something Jonelle has been thinking, but over the past 4 days of praying for him, I just keep on finding myself needing reminders that he's not just an afterthought. That sounds really bad, having just spelled it out, but I want to remember to remember him as he gets bigger. I am finding myself worried that in the midst of the busy-ness of life and the already established happenings of the other siblings, that Tate's needs will be neglected or minimized. I doubt that Jonelle (the thoughtful, loving, and nurturing mother that she is) would let that happen, but this has been a good way to plant that into my head as being important to recognize moving forward.

So, concerning his spouse and purity, I think his prayer is similar to that of Jackson's. We want him to value the gifts of his innocence, purity, and intimacy as he grows up. We are praying that the wife God already has picked out for Tate will have those same values, and that the love they have will be the God focused foundation of a great marriage. And, my prayer for myself is that I will be an example of what this looks like for Tate to see.

And here are a few of my favorite pictures of the little man:








OK, the food is all the same, especially tonight, since Jonelle is at her retreat in Park City. Fruit for breakfast. Almonds, fruit, and chips and salsa for lunch. And a can of Amy's Lentil Vegetable soup for dinner. Good food, but I am ready to have some bread and cheese. For those that don't know, I have recently decided to be a non-strict, mostly vegetarian. It has become obvious (painfully so, at times) that I could not be a vegan. The block of cheddar has been calling my name for three weeks, and tonight's turkey and cheddar crepes I made for the kids were very hard to resist.

"Break free from the chains......."

No comments:

Post a Comment